The InDesign Digital Publications course covers a wide range of topics to enable you to output your documents in a digital format complete with a range of interactive features.
InDesign Digital Publications
Overview of Digital Publishing
- What are the options
- Different devices
- Different document types
- Which is my best option
Recapping text styles
- Creating paragraph styles
- Creating character styles
- Redefining styles
- Clearing overrides
- Style override highlighter
Table of Contents and Navigation
- Creating a table of contents
- Styling the table of contents
- Updating the table of contents
- Adding a navigation bar
- Next, previous and contents buttons
- Styling the rollover buttons
- What can and can't they do
- Working with hyperlinks
- Using bookmarks
- Buttons and forms panel
- Applying page transitions
- Video and Audio options
- Creating animation effects
- Show / Hide content with buttons
In5 Interactive Widgets
- Image Sequence
- Pan and zoom
- Scrolling frames
- Web Content
Advanced In5 Features
- Creating a Popup box
- Menu Builder
- Mobile Article Explorer
- Alternate Layouts
- Outputting responsive documents
Exporting with In5
- Easy Export Wizard
- Advanced Export Options
- Adding custom code
- What is created
- What do I do with it?
PREFLIGHTING AND OTHER OUTPUT
- Custom profiles
- Preflight profile options
- Other export options
- ePub Export Overview
- Interactive v Print PDF
Hands on Lab
- In the hands on lab you will build a document using many of the features above and output it to Interactive PDF or as an HTML5 Magazine using In5.
The InDesign Digital Publications course introduces more specific skills for publishing digitally from InDesign.
You will learn to
- Understand the limitations of different digital formats
- Include multimedia features within InDesign documents
- Create interactive PDF documents
- Work with links and navigational elements
- Apply features such as hotspots buttons, scrollable text frames, image sequences and more
Who should attend this course
This course is aimed at existing InDesign users who have been producing content for print and now want to start producing more advanced content for digital mediums. You should be comfortable with the basics of InDesign and have complete the InDesign Getting Started course or have equivalent experience.
The course is made up of 1 day of instructor led InDesign training which can be completed Live Online or delivered at your own location. This is then added to, through 6 months access to our learning management system containing video tutorials, samples, exercise files and support forums.
Comments from delegates that attended
"Excellent instructor. You really felt like there was no such thing as a stupid question. I really enjoyed the course and for me I don't think there are any improvements. Just keep doing what you do. I would recommend anyone to come along have try the courses."
Media Service Assistant, MOD
"Great instructor and very knowledgeable on the subject matter. I liked that he answered questions and showed examples that are not directly related to the course but help our day-to-day job work. Showing best practice and time saving techniques."
Designer, Yorkshire Housing Ltd
"The instructor was friendly and extremely helpful. I felt I could ask questions of anything I was unsure of and picked up some valuable tips as well. I liked that the course gave an in depth overview into choosing the right digital publishing format. It was good to see that there were different ways of achieving the same outcome."
Mac Artworker, Infotech 24 7
"Excellent learning environment with all software and hardware needed for the course content. Very engaging instructor. Making it an easy environment to learn in."
Graphic Designer, Defence School of Transport
"He was the perfect instructor. Knowledgeable, friendly and was always on hand to answer any questions. It has given me the confidence and know-how to carry on working with digital publications."
Senior Graphic Designer, Column Communications