- Variables & functions & loops
- data types
- Managing globals
- Working with THIS and NEW
- Creating arrays
- Deleting array elements
- Multidimensional arrays
Using top level objects
Working with the DOM
- What is the DOM?
- Working with nodes
- Working with elements
- Accessing DOM elements
- Changing DOM elements
- Creating DOM elements
- The event model
- event handling
- dynamic events
- complex events
- Events and Event listeners
- Event handling
- onClick and onLoad
- onBlur and onFocus
- Other events
- Using cookie objects
- Storing cookies
- Processing cookie values
- Deleting cookies
- Getting and setting information within your forms
- Checking your form data
- Object basics
- Object literals
- Object inheritance
- Object methods
- Wrapper objects
- Built-in types
- Custom objects
- Prototype functions
- What are they
- Using regular exprfessions
- Alternatives and groups
- RegExp object
- What is JSON
- Objects and JSON
- Creating some data
- Handling data with JSON
- What are exceptions
- Handling exceptions
- Using exceptions in your code
- chrome dev tools
- mobile (usb) debuggung
- emulating touch events on the desktop
- testing a touch set of functions
You will learn
- About scope and how to manage it
- About storing information within arrays and how to manipulate arrays
- How to manipulate top-level objects like location, window, etc
- How to effectivley manipulate the DOM, how to change the DOM, and how to create DOM elements
- How to handle events properly, and how to setup event listeners
Our scheduled courses are designed to ensure you have a professional and productive experience. With 20 years practice we have had plenty of time to get it right, but we are always open to new suggestions as well.
- A proven track record - Highlander has been established for 20 years.
- High quality instruction - All of our instructors are Adobe Certified Instructors.
- We make sure you are happy - Our satisfaction guarantee ensures you leave with a smile.
- Follow on support - We give you 12 months post course support.
What you get on a Highlander Course
Start and finish times
Our courses start at 9.30am and typically run until 4pm. The finish time is based primarily on how much information people can retain in a day without being overwhelmed, and can vary slightly depending on individual class size and ability.
Each delegate is provided with use of a computer, setup with the latest version of the software they are learning. Our London centre has a mix of Mac and PC's, so if you have a preference please advise us when booking. Older versions of software can usually be catered for on request.
If delegates prefer to work in their own environment and would rather bring their own laptop that is equally fine.
Hot drinks and bottled water is provided throughout the day together with a selection of biscuits and sweets. There is a scheduled 15 minute break mid morning and again mid afternoon.
There is a one hour break for lunch to allow delegates some time "off the screen". Both our centres are in areas which offer a wide range of options for lunch.
In London we are located on Upper Street in Islington which is one of London's more popular locations for eating out, offering everything from popular cafe's and burger & pizza bars through to a wide range of restaurants. In addition we also have an in-house cafe in the building should you not wish to venture further.
In York we are located on the well known Bishy Road, with a wide range of popular cafe's just a few metres from the front door. The street regularly features in national newspapers and has been described by Wall Street Journal as "an enclave of gourmet delis and cafes" while The Times described it as "York's answer to Notting Hill".
Course manuals / books are provided for all our standard scheduled courses and you get 12 months access to our learning management system which contains a variety of content ranging from video tutorials and refresher exercises through to copies of course slides.
All the machines have full internet access and free wifi is available to use within our centres.
Certificate of Completion
All delegates receive a certificate of completion to show they have completed a Highlander Training Course.