Empower the web with our Advanced CSS3 courses
In recent years the introduction of CSS3 has taken web content to a whole new level with the introduction of a wide range of new features and better support for mobile devices. Make sure you don't get left behind.
The Advanced CSS3 training course will benefit any web developer who wishes to advance their skills to the next level and learn the more advanced aspects of CSS3.
Advanced CSS3 - Course Topics
CSS and Typography
- custom fonts
- using relative units
- multiple backgrounds
- the css background property
- rollover effects
- Using base64
CSS3 Colour Values
- Using matrices
- timing function
- Using from-to
- Using keyframes
What's around the corner
- custom filters
- blend modes
The Advanced CSS3 course introduces you to a range of more advanced aspects of CSS, and in particular many of the newer elements of version 3 of the CSS specification.
You will learn
- How to use CSS3 to create advanced selections - odd/even rows, etc
- How to use custom fonts effectively
- How to apply backgrounds properly
- How to make multiple backgrounds
- How to use CSS3 to make transitions, transformations, and animations
- How to setup your transitions and animations properly
- How to create keyframes for your animations
- How to position elements vertically and horizontally
- How to layout your page properly, as well as look at the new flexbox and grid standards
- About the new standards soon to arrive - filters, blend modes, shapes, regions, etc
Our scheduled courses are designed to ensure you have a professional and productive experience. With 20 years practice we have had plenty of time to get it right, but we are always open to new suggestions as well.
Reasons to choose Highlander for your Advanced CSS3 training
- A proven track record - Highlander has been established for 20 years.
- High quality instruction - All of our instructors are Adobe Certified Instructors.
- We make sure you are happy - Our satisfaction guarantee ensures you leave with a smile.
- Follow on support - We give you 12 months post course support.
What you get on a Highlander Course
Start and finish times
Our courses start at 9.30am and typically run until 4pm. The finish time is based primarily on how much information people can retain in a day without being overwhelmed, and can vary slightly depending on individual class size and ability.
Each delegate is provided with use of a computer, setup with the latest version of the software they are learning. Our London centre has a mix of Mac and PC's, so if you have a preference please advise us when booking. Older versions of software can usually be catered for on request.
If delegates prefer to work in their own environment and would rather bring their own laptop that is equally fine.
Hot drinks and bottled water is provided throughout the day together with a selection of biscuits and sweets. There is a scheduled 15 minute break mid morning and again mid afternoon.
There is a one hour break for lunch to allow delegates some time "off the screen". Both our centres are in areas which offer a wide range of options for lunch.
In London we are located on Upper Street in Islington which is one of London's more popular locations for eating out, offering everything from popular cafe's and burger & pizza bars through to a wide range of restaurants. In addition we also have an in-house cafe in the building should you not wish to venture further.
In York we are located on the well known Bishy Road, with a wide range of popular cafe's just a few metres from the front door. The street regularly features in national newspapers and has been described by Wall Street Journal as "an enclave of gourmet delis and cafes" while The Times described it as "York's answer to Notting Hill".
Course manuals / books are provided for all our standard scheduled courses and you get 12 months access to our learning management system which contains a variety of content ranging from video tutorials and refresher exercises through to copies of course slides.
All the machines have full internet access and free wifi is available to use within our centres.
Certificate of Completion
All delegates receive a certificate of completion to show they have completed a Highlander Training Course.