Master Social Media in one day with Highlander
Our social media training workshop is a pragmatic and focussed one day session that is geared around getting you comfortable with the social media environment for business. It will teach you how to research and then plan your activity and content in a manner that gets you working efficiently and successfully.
There is a deluge of services and information out there, but we will cut through the noise and keep you focussed on what is relevant to your day to day communication and show you how to take control of your activity and how it works as part of your wider marketing system.
Our social media course covers all the basic skills needed to start using the leading social networks effectively.
Social Media Training - Course Topics
- How to research your competitors and your marketplace
- How to test which content works best
- How to choose the right social media services for your business
- Facebook overview and tips
- Twitter overview and tuition
- Sharing images on Instagram & Pinterest
- How to plan your content
- Creating a rolling plan
- Tactical content opportunities
Managing Your Content
- How to create compelling posts
- Anatomy of great posts
- How to use links & images
- Responding to comments & messages
- Handling negative communication
Supporting Your Wider Marketing
- Social Media & Search Engine Marketing
- Creating a system of content
- Promoting your social media accounts
Tips & Advice
- Account security
- Measuring & Reporting
- Guide to mobile apps for social media
Question & Answer Session
Our social media training will show you how to become efficient and how to work smarter rather than harder with your account management and content creation.
You Will Learn
- How to keep an eye on the competition and understand the types of content that your audience will enjoy
- How to efficiently plan and then execute your content
- How to handle messages and other interaction with your audience
- How to create a tone of voice that suits your organisation
- How to use core services such as Facebook & Twitter effectively
- How to measure the success of your content and how to test and learn from each post
- How to manage your activity from your desk or on the go
Our scheduled courses are designed to ensure you have a professional and productive experience. With over 20 years practice we have had plenty of time to get it right, but we are always open to new suggestions as well.
Reasons to choose Highlander for your Social Media training
- A proven track record - Highlander has been established for 20 years.
- High quality instruction - All of our instructors are experts in their field.
- We make sure you are happy - Our satisfaction guarantee ensures you leave with a smile.
- Follow on support
What you get on a Highlander Course
Start and finish times
Our courses start at 9.30am and typically run until 4pm. The finish time is based primarily on how much information people can retain in a day without being overwhelmed, and can vary slightly depending on individual class size and ability.
Each delegate is provided with use of a computer, setup with the latest version of the software they are learning. Our London centre has a mix of Mac and PC's, so if you have a preference please advise us when booking. Older versions of software can usually be catered for on request.
If delegates prefer to work in their own environment and would rather bring their own laptop that is equally fine.
Hot drinks and bottled water is provided throughout the day together with a selection of biscuits and sweets. There is a scheduled 15 minute break mid morning and again mid afternoon.
There is a one hour break for lunch to allow delegates some time "off the screen". Both our centres are in areas which offer a wide range of options for lunch.
In London we are located on Upper Street in Islington which is one of London's more popular locations for eating out, offering everything from popular cafe's and burger & pizza bars through to a wide range of restaurants. In addition we also have an in-house cafe in the building should you not wish to venture further.
In York we are located on the well known Bishy Road, with a wide range of popular cafe's just a few metres from the front door. The street regularly features in national newspapers and has been described by Wall Street Journal as "an enclave of gourmet delis and cafes" while The Times described it as "York's answer to Notting Hill".
Course manuals / books are provided for all our standard scheduled courses and you get 12 months access to our learning management system which contains a variety of content ranging from video tutorials and refresher exercises through to copies of course slides.
All the machines have full internet access and free wifi is available to use within our centres.
Certificate of Completion
All delegates receive a certificate of completion to show they have completed the Highlander Social Media training course.
Who should attend this course
This is a beginners course and no prior knowledge of using social media for marketing and communications is necessary. This session will get you started off in the correct manner if you are not actively using social media yet for your business. People who are already active will extend their knowledge and will benefit from learning how to move to a new level of efficiency and improve the planning and management of content.