Learn to produce and edit quality video content
Premiere Pro Getting Started is a 2 day classroom based training course which covers the basics of using Adobe Premiere Pro. The course is run at our London centre on the dates above or is available to be taught at your own location.
On completing this course delegates will be able to use the basic and most used tools in Premiere to capture, import, edit, apply effects, mix audio, and output to a number of formats for Video, the Web and interactive media such as DVD and Flash. The Delegate will also gain knowledge of video standards, Compression and Editing Techniques.
The Premiere Pro Getting Started course covers all the basic skills needed to editing and working with Video files whether for the web, dvd or other output.
Premiere Pro Getting Started - Course Topics
- Non-Linear Editing
- Formats, Codecs and video standards
- The video editing workflow
- Understanding projects, sequences and clips.
The Premiere Interface
- Using workspaces in Adobe Premiere
- The Source, Program, Project and Sequence panels
- Supplementary panels (Effects Controls, Audio, Metadata, Media
Browser, Effects and History panels
- The Tools Panel and the audio meters
Importing and organising your footage
- Importing single and multiple files and folders
- Using bins and renaming clips
- Adding metadata to clips
- Using the Media Browser
- The Speech Analysis tool
Basic Editing Skills
- Creating a new sequence using your clips settings
- Previewing your clips in the Source Panel
- Playback and marking shortcuts
- Three point and drag-and-drop editing
- Understanding an insert and overwrite edit
- Viewing a waveform and editing audio
- Working with different image formats
Editing in the Timeline
- Rearranging clips in the timeline
- Editing in and out points
- Copying and pasting clips
- Understanding tracks and using track select
- Ripple and roll edits
- Using the razor blade
- Modifying clip speed
Working with audio
- Setting correct audio levels
- Mixing audio and using the pen tool
- Syncing audio using markers
Using Effects to refine your project
- Adding transitions
- Adding titles, crawls and rolls
- Fixing exposure, saturation and colour balance using the three way colour corrector
- Fixing common audio issues using audio filters
- Understanding rendering and realtime playback
Capturing and converting footage
- Capturing from tape based media
- Ingesting from hard drive and solid state based cameras
- Converting files using Adobe Media Encoder
Exporting your project
- Understanding formats and presets
- Exporting to the web for H264 or Flash based sites
- Exporting for PC and MAC playback
- Creating files ready for DVD
Tips and common problems
- Resetting your preferences file
- Moving and relinking source files
- The auto-save vault
Our scheduled courses are designed to ensure you have a professional and productive experience. With 20 years practice we have had plenty of time to get it right, but we are always open to new suggestions as well.
Reasons to choose Highlander for your Premiere Pro training
- A proven track record - Highlander has been established for 20 years.
- High quality instruction - All of our instructors are Adobe Certified Instructors.
- We make sure you are happy - Our satisfaction guarantee ensures you leave with a smile.
- Follow on support - We give you 12 months post course support.
What you get on a Highlander Course
Start and finish times
Our courses start at 9.30am and typically run until 4pm. The finish time is based primarily on how much information people can retain in a day without being overwhelmed, and can vary slightly depending on individual class size and ability.
Each delegate is provided with use of a computer, setup with the latest version of the software they are learning. Our London centre has a mix of Mac and PC's, so if you have a preference please advise us when booking. Older versions of software can usually be catered for on request.
If delegates prefer to work in their own environment and would rather bring their own laptop that is equally fine.
Hot drinks and bottled water is provided throughout the day together with a selection of biscuits and sweets. There is a scheduled 15 minute break mid morning and again mid afternoon.
There is a one hour break for lunch to allow delegates some time "off the screen". Both our centres are in areas which offer a wide range of options for lunch.
In London we are located on Upper Street in Islington which is one of London's more popular locations for eating out, offering everything from popular cafe's and burger & pizza bars through to a wide range of restaurants. In addition we also have an in-house cafe in the building should you not wish to venture further.
In York we are located on the well known Bishy Road, with a wide range of popular cafe's just a few metres from the front door. The street regularly features in national newspapers and has been described by Wall Street Journal as "an enclave of gourmet delis and cafes" while The Times described it as "York's answer to Notting Hill".
Course manuals / books are provided for all our standard scheduled courses and you get 12 months access to our learning management system which contains a variety of content ranging from video tutorials and refresher exercises through to copies of course slides.
All the machines have full internet access and free wifi is available to use within our centres.
Certificate of Completion
All delegates receive a certificate of completion to show they have completed an Adobe Authorised Training Course.
Who should attend this course
This course is aimed at people looking to professionally edit and manipulate video files to a high standard.
You should be comfortable using a computer for example to copy and paste or open files and applications, and an understanding of common video terminology is an advantage.