Our one day introduction to digital marketing course covers a wide range of areas that fall under the online marketing category, including topics like:
DIGITAL MARKETING INTRO
THE DIGITAL MARKETING LANDSCAPE
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Digital v Traditional marketing
- The overlap
- Clicks and Mortar
- Why it's important
- How are people using it?
- How are people finding it?
- How can you improve it?
- How do you know the above?
- Why you should care?
WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION
- What does it affect?
- Onsite versus Offsite SEO
- Quick Wins - where to start!
- Quick Fails - Don't do these, no really, DON'T
- How do you know it's working
- Some tools to help
WHAT IS EMAIL MARKETING
- Welcome to digital direct mail
- Building your list
- Key success factors
- Measuring and Testing
- Useful Resources and Stats
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA
- Awesome branding tools
- Where, when and how
- Influencing but not controlling the message
- Developing a social marketing plan
- Opportunities and threats
- Are you listening to your clients?
- Measuring, automating (or not), and building
PAID SEARCH AND PAID SOCIAL
- Should I throw money at this
- If I do how do I know it's working
- Paid Search - Adwords etc..
- Paid Social - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc..
- Measuring them
- "Did you say BILLIONS of people!!!"
- Web Analytics
- What it tells you - What it costs (or not) - What to look for
- Social Analytics
- What's working - What's not - Save some time
- Email Analytics
- What are people opening - What are they clicking
- Useful tools for measuring this
- Why bother
- What to talk about
- How frequently?
- How do people find it
- What's the benefit
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Q&A
The Introduction to Digital Marketing course will leave you with a good overall understanding of the different aspects of Digital Marketing using the latest technologies..
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND
- The costs involved
- What is working
- What isn't working
- What time is needed
- What to focus attention on
- How to create a basic Digital Marketing Plan
- What resources you need
- The risks of badly implemented digital marketing
- How clients expectation have changed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
The Introduction to Digital Marketing course is aimed at those who are new to digital marketing and want a better overall understanding of areas such as email marketing, search engine marketing, social media, analytics. Many of these are vast subjects and a one day course won't make you an expert at everything, but what it will give you is a better understanding of what will work best for you, how to measure it, and what resources are needed.
Upon completion of the Intro to Digital Marketing course we have a wide range of other courses which may be of interest. These include:
This course is a beginners course. You should however be comfortable using a computer to perform functions such as copy and paste, and opening applications and files. You should also be comfortable using the internet, for example for browsing and interacting with websites.