With Adobe's recent announcement that Creative Cloud is to now supersede Creative Suite, we thought it might be nice to take a look at some of the new features that have been publicly announced as coming in Creative Cloud, especially in the main design packages.
Some of the new features announced in Photoshop CC include:
- Camera shake reduction - helps to reduce motion blur in your photos.
- Smart Sharpen - analyses images to produce the best possible sharpening, while minimising halos and noises.
- Adobe Camera Raw 8 means edits can be applied as a filter to any layer or file.
- New Healing brush enables you to work with a brush stroke instead of just a circular area.
- The new Radial Gradient offers powerful controls to draw attention to the focus of an image
- Upright tool automatically straightens horizons and applies perspective corrections without distorting the image
- Edit rounded rectangles, and adjust corner radii at any time.
- Select multiple paths, shapes and vectors at once.
- Build web designs in Photoshop that can easily be turned into responsive websites thanks to integration with Edge Reflow.
- New workflow from Photoshop CC to Edge Reflow CC will enable creatives to build web designs in Photoshop that can easily be turned into responsive websites.
- Conditional Actions let you automate routine processing jobs using if/then statements, allowing you to automatically choose between different actions.
- lots more
New features in InDesign CC include:
- Faster performance, especially when exporting PDF files.
- A new updated user interface, more consistent with other Adobe tools.
- HiDPI and Retina display support.
- Font previews let you browse through fonts and see each one applied to selected text.
- Save to Cloud lets you make your files, including layers, accessible on any device. Changes are tracked, so you can access previous versions.
- EPUB / HTML enhancements making it easier to produce high-quality EPUB files from InDesign.
- Improved CSS export options
- Create QR codes within InDesign and more.
New features in Illustrator CC include the following:
- Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so you can paint with a brush made from a photo.
- Integration with Typekit and sync fonts to your system
- Import multiple files into your Illustrator layout at the same time
- CSS code generation for copying and pasting into your web editor.
- Instantly switch between area type and point type.
- Create pattern with auto-generated corners.
- Automatically package fonts and linked graphics into a single folder.
- Links panel shows all of your placed elements - text and graphics.
While some people find it strange not buying software as an outright purchase, it actually works out quite cost effective if you have historically upgraded every couple of versions. The pricing for Creative Cloud also means you can get started with the full range of Adobe products for around £40.