LEARN ACROBAT INSIDE OUT - ACROBAT BOOTCAMP
Acrobat Bootcamp is deigned for people looking to use Acrobat Professional and wanting to learn how to fully use it. From basic navigation of PDF's through to more advanced functionality like adding multimedia capabilities or working with Acrobat forms, the course covers it all.
The course is made up of 2 days of classroom based Acrobat training which can be completed at our London or York centres or through our live online classes. This is then supported and extended by 12 months access to our learning management system including instructor led support forums.
If you are going to be using Acrobat on a regular basis and are starting from scratch then this is a great way to go from nothing to understanding many of the advanced features within the product quickly.
The first stage of the Acrobat Bootcamp covers a wide range of topics and we try hard to ensure any specific requirements you might have are met. The standard topics we cover are listed below.
STARTING WITH ACROBAT
- Examining initial screen
- Menu bar
- Navigation panes
- Showing and hiding toolbars
- Converting toolbars into a palette
- Adding and removing toolbar tools
- Navigation Panes
- Setting preferences
- From Print Menu
- to Adobe PDF
- or Distiller
- In MS Office
- PDF Maker
- Creating PDF from images
- Merging PDFs
- PDF Portfolios
- Convert Web Pages To PDF
- Create hierarchy
- Special actions
WORKING WITH PDFS
- Navigating through documents – forward and back
- Relative movement
- Specific page navigation
- Marque tool
- Loupe tool
- Hand tool
- Snapshot tool
- Page Layouts
- Searching for text
- Arranging Documents
- Manipulating Pages
MANIPULATING PAGES IN PDF
- Rearranging pages
- Extracting pages
- Inserting one file into another
- Replacing pages
- Rotating pages
- Cropping pages
ADDING AND CHANGING FONTS AND GRAPHICS
- Touch up tool
- Change line art position, images, rotate, scale and size
- Edit line in Illustrator and images in Photoshop
- Adding Headers and Footers (add copyright and page numbers)
- Adding background
- Adding watermark
ADDING COMMENTS TO A PDF
- Sticky Notes
- Change icons and colour
- Can reply to Notes, change status
- Searching notes
- Checking spelling
- Exporting and importing comments
- Enable Reader commenting
- Text Edits
- Callout comments
- Starting E-Mail based review
- Review Tracker
Stage two of the Acrobat Bootcamp covers the more advanced aspects of Adobe Acrobat Professional. The standard topics we cover are listed below.
ADDING ADVANCED NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Add Checkboxes
- Add Pull-Down menus
- Add Text Field
- Add Buttons
- Reader rights explained
- Distribute Forms
- Password Protection
- Digital ID
- Export certificate to file
- Add Security Appearance
- Signing documents
- Managing Security Policy Wizard
- Layer Visibility
- Layer Properties
- Using preflighting
- Edit existing preflight settings
- What is Redaction
- Redaction properties
- Setting output options
- Running sequences
- Extracting images from PDF's
METADATA AND SEARCHING
- Metadata in a search
- The differences between Search & Find
- Creating Search Indexes
The Acrobat Bootcamp course introduces a wide range of skills aimed at those who are completely new to Acrobat Professional, teaching you best practice right from the start, and progressing through to more advanced topics
You will learn to
- Create PDFs from a variety of sources.
- Edit a variety of content in your Acrobat documents.
- Add navigation aids to your PDF's.
- Work with multiple documents at once.
- Review PDF documents, including using commenting.
- Apply security to your documents.
- Add interactive media such as sound and video to your PDFs.
- Permanently remove content from your pdf's including hidden information.
- Enhance the utility and accessibility of PDF documents.
- Create interactive PDF forms.
- Begin preparing a PDF document for commercial printing.
- Create composite and colour separation prints from a PDF document.
Our scheduled courses are designed to ensure you have a professional and productive experience. With 20 years practice we have had plenty of time to get it right, but we are always open to new suggestions as well.
Reasons to choose Highlander for your Acrobat training
- A proven track record - Highlander has been established for 20 years.
- High quality instruction - All of our instructors are Adobe Certified Instructors.
- We make sure you are happy - Our satisfaction guarantee ensures you leave with a smile.
- Follow on support - We give you 12 months post course support.
What you get on a Highlander Course
Start and finish times
Our courses start at 9.30am and typically run until 4pm. The finish time is based primarily on how much information people can retain in a day without being overwhelmed, and can vary slightly depending on individual class size and ability.
Each delegate is provided with use of a computer, setup with the latest version of the software they are learning. Our London centre has a mix of Mac and PC's, so if you have a preference please advise us when booking. Older versions of software can usually be catered for on request.
If delegates prefer to work in their own environment and would rather bring their own laptop that is equally fine.
Hot drinks and bottled water is provided throughout the day together with a selection of biscuits and sweets. There is a scheduled 15 minute break mid morning and again mid afternoon.
There is a one hour break for lunch to allow delegates some time "off the screen". Both our centres are in areas which offer a wide range of options for lunch.
In London we are located on Upper Street in Islington which is one of London's more popular locations for eating out, offering everything from popular cafe's and burger & pizza bars through to a wide range of restaurants. In addition we also have an in-house cafe in the building should you not wish to venture further.
In York we are located on the well known Bishy Road, with a wide range of popular cafe's just a few metres from the front door. The street regularly features in national newspapers and has been described by Wall Street Journal as "an enclave of gourmet delis and cafes" while The Times described it as "York's answer to Notting Hill".
Course manuals / books are provided for all our standard scheduled courses and you get 12 months access to our learning management system which contains a variety of content ranging from video tutorials and refresher exercises through to copies of course slides.
All the machines have full internet access and free wifi is available to use within our centres.
Certificate of Completion
All delegates receive a certificate of completion to show they have completed an Adobe Authorised Training Course.
Who should attend this course
This Acrobat Bootcamp is suitable for those who wants to learn to use Acrobat Professional but have no previous experience. If you already have experience using Acrobat Pro than you might want to consider our Advanced Acrobat Training Course instead.
If you are unsure which Acrobat course is most suitable then why not call us free on 0800 156 0777.