In training, I frequently create examples on my mac, get them working, tweak them, and then copy them over to my trainees pcs. In doing so, I have come across a few problems that I thought I would share with you, and the solutions (not perfect) that I have used to fix these issues.
What I normally do is create a new Actionscript project on my mac. Create and test the files and get everything ready for the training.
Then I copy the whole project folder onto a training pc, and sometimes I end up with problems. For example…
I frequently copy a project and then paste it. then I re-name the project and also the main as file to the new project name. But doing this can cause problems sometimes…
…when copying and pasting projects you end up with copies of previous projects still in the bin-debug folder (which will bloat up your project size)
…and also there occasionally seems to crop up a problem whereby the project still looks for another as file (say Example13.as) when the project is Example15, and has been named as such, and the main application as file has been set as such. The project seems to get stuck.
So I found that if you go to Project > Clean… and clean your projects, this should get rid of most of your problems.
The main issue that I could not seem to get rid of (sometimes) is that when you go to the properties of your project and look at the Application ActionScript section – you get a link to the old as file. Flash Builder knows it has been deleted, but it is still there. If you remove it from the list, something in the project still looks for it, and refuses to run your application without it.
The only solution I found then was to create a brand new project, name it how you want, and then copy/paste your code over.
So cleaning your Flash Builder projects seems to help a lot with problems like these, but not always.
I hope this helps everyone who gets issues like those mentioned above, and if anyone has any better solutions let me know.